02 Jun Commercial Director- New Business Unit (Online Travel)
We are looking for a Commercial Director for a new business unit of a huge go-to marketplace for road trips with presence in 15 European countries and over 40 cities.
You will be joining a dynamic and technology driven company operating in the modern area of online travel, working with a team of 20 nationalities and young dynamic people.
Following the company’s expansion, we are seeking a Commercial Director – RV Sales Division to lead the commercial efforts of the RV Sales Division. The position is basedin HQ in Lisbon.
📌About the role
As RV Sales Commercial Head, you will be responsible for driving sales of leisure vehicles as a key part of the new Sales business unit.
As the Sales leader of this new business unit, you will be expected to focus on identifying the opportunities, designing a long-term, sustainable, reliable and solid strategy for vehicle/asset outplacement of the fleet.
Primarily, you will need to guarantee the reselling of the vehicles, including both via pre-existing dealer networks and direct-to-consumer models. Additionally, you will need to build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the industry, driving sales results, delivery excellence, and customer experience across all 15 geographies (and counting).
To achieve this, you will be expected to hire, train, and develop a new and effective sales and administrative team, shape and execute operational standards, and work with cross-functional departments to drive the sales for the disposal of both new and pre-existing fleet, constantly guaranteeing alignment with the rental/operational business model’s strategy.
Ultimately, the Commercial Director is accountable for securing fleet disposa, fostering the development of the fleet sales marketplace into the market leading platform, and ensuring profitability at a unit level and consequently the fleet sales business unit and the group as a whole.
- Sales Strategy: Work closely with the executive management team to build and iterate on a fleet sales strategy that is integrated with the overall business model. Create a strategic roadmap, both covering the internal efforts with the fleet sales and operations teams, as well as with external partners such as B2B customers (e.g. auto dealerships, auto traders, OEMs, other corporate partners, etc.) and guarantee successful implementation.
- Sales Operations: Oversee the entire deal flow of B2C and B2B sales own fleet of leisure vehicles - individually or in large-scale deals, directly to end customers (B2C) and B2B customers (e.g. dealerships, traders, other corporate customers) all across Europe and the U.S. Execute yearly, quarterly, monthly and daily strategies to hit targets and drive profitability. Create and execute operational standards to maximize sales effectiveness and ensure consistency and efficiency. Guarantee the management of customer leads quickly and effectively to deliver a world-class customer experience. Use reports and dashboards to make actionable business recommendations and to guarantee alignment with the overall business plan in close coordination with executive leadership.
- Team Development: Source, recruit, hire, and onboard top talent for the Commercial Team. Lead, develop, and motivate high-performing sales and delivery teams. Build and manage a team of sales representatives across field retail, service plus locations, and regional delivery teams. Set clear team targets and individual goals; hold teams accountable by driving performance management. Provide coaching and in-the-moment feedback to management. Create a culture of employee engagement and recognition. Work closely with B2B Sales Manager and B2C Sales Team Leader to guarantee the fulfilment of the KPIs.
- Internal Relations: Work cross-functionally to develop sales and marketing plans that generate commercial awareness and foster business and revenue growth of both for the vehicles sales and rental business units. Coordinate with the logistics and fleet management departments to guarantee best-in-class fleet logistics for timely and efficient delivery to end-customers. Cooperate with the Finance team to guarantee both a smooth and efficient operation, as well as reliable forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- External Relations: Collaborate with with key business partners such as producers, auto traders, dealer networks, online platforms and other entities to execute on the overall Commercial strategy, covering B2B, third-party and direct-to-consumer sales initiatives. Liaise with external partners and industry press to grow the brand and foster marketing-driven sales for our vehicles.
- 7+ years of experience driving sales for a multinational auto brand, fleet management company, auto trader or e-commerce platform including 3+ years of people management experience, ideally having had P&L responsibility.
- A strong track record scaling and structuring full-scope sales functions at high-growth multinational companies, ideally covering both online and offline sales.
- Experience engaging with customers and external partners across geographies and
industries, at all levels.
✅What we offer:
- A dynamic position in a young, fast-growing and innovative company. You will find an environment where no two days are the same and your contribution makes a difference.
- Continuous training and coaching to launch your career and develop your skills.
- Competitive package including private health insurance
- Fun work environment with an international crowd, located in the heart of Lisbon.