13 Sep Legal Lead
We are looking for a Legal Lead for a huge go-to marketplace for road trips with presence in 15 European countries and over 40 cities.
You will be joining a dynamic and technology driven company, working with a team of 20 nationalities and young dynamic people.
Following the company’s expansion, we are seeking a Legal Lead who will be based in the HQ in Lisbon.
This is an opportunity to build and structure from the ground up the Department that will be the owner of the legal and contractual responsibilities of the business.
You will be responsible for leading the Legal team in all the following areas:
- The internationalization of the company, expanding their corporate structure through new subsidiaries in new markets
- Enabling the corporate legal framework that enables the proper execution of the business model
- Contract management and advisory
- PMO of legal requests and projects
- Compliance of organisation in each of their locations
- Communication and budgeting with external legal partners
- Manage and execute application for available incentives to support business growth
- Creating bridges between the public institutions of interest to the business and the company
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing the legal team in a way that provides answers to the organisation's demands and needs in a timely manner
- Develop and execute a plan for setting up foreign subsidiaries and implementing market-entry strategies, along with its ongoing societal obligations
- Guaranteeing legal compliance in the company’s international subsidiaries
- Accompany and advise on existing and new business relationships with international partners and translate that strategy into a contractual relationship with the involvement of internal & external stakeholders
- Creation and management of internal processes to guarantee an organised structure that will enable the delivery & maintenance of the previous responsibilities
- Develop a global strategy and execution plan for obtaining incentives (fiscal credits, government grants, subsidised loans and other types of financial aid)within the international context where the company operates
⭐Who we are looking for?
- You have a hands on approach to your role, think of yourself as very structured and cautious on your decisions. Risk awareness and avoidance is a skill you use on a daily basis.
- You are attentive to detail, enjoy proof-reading contracts and minutious parts of a task as much as you enjoy the strategic, business driven elements.
- You are fluent in English, have a legal academic background and experience in international Business or Corporate Development, and a skill set related to contract negotiation and execution. Having a legal background in corporate law is a strong plus.
- You have around 6 years of experience, preferably in a fast growth company.
- To achieve your objectives you must have experience in driving contract drafting and reviewing, as well as negotiation of said clauses. Due Diligence's and fiscal knowledge are a must, even if on a broader spectrum.
What we offer?
- A dynamic position with a global scope in a young, fast-growing, profitable and innovative company
- Continuous training and coaching to develop your skills
- Competitive package including private health insurance, Benefits and complementary road trips world-wide (subject to availability)
- International work environment located in the heart of Lisbon